Seamless Top-Down PussyHat
This is a seamless, top-down version of the PussyHat which uses the Turkish cast-on method and either the Magic Loop method or the two circular needle method for knitting in the round. (Modifications of the pattern for use with bulky:5 and super bulky:6 weight yarn are given in italics.) YouTube has many how-to videos showing how to do the Turkish cast-on, the Magic Loop method and the two circular needles method.
- 1 skein pink knitting worsted (medium:4), color PINK! (or 2 skeins bulky:5 or super bulky:6 weight yarn)
- For the Magic Loop method you will need a size US8 (5.0 mm) (for bulky, US10 (6.0 mm) and for super bulky yarn, US11(8.0 mm)) 32-inch circular needle or longer to do the first part of the hat.
- For the two needle method you will need two size US8 (5.0 mm) (for bulky, US 10(6.0 mm) and for super bulky yarn, US11 (8.0 mm)) circular needle 16 to 24 inches long.
- 1 row marker
Cast on: Using the Turkish cast-on method, cast on 46 wraps, which will equal 92 stitches (for bulky:5, 32 wraps, will equal 64 stitches and for super bulky:6, 28 wraps, will equal 56 stitches).
1. Working in the round, knit every row until work measures 4-1/4 inches. (Note that whichever method you use, by the time you have knitted 2-3 inches, you should be able to knit all your stitches off onto one 16-inch long circular needle and knit in the round as you would any other hat.)
2. Work K2, P2 ribbing for 4-1/4 inches.
3. Bind off loosely, binding off knit stitches knitwise and purl stitches purlwise.
4. Wear with pride.
Work is now long enough to go off the long Magic Loop needle and onto one 16-inch circular needle. Arrows show direction of work. Sides and top are seamless